Cyrus F. Rea II is a trial attorney who represents clients in civil litigation, including business torts, contract disputes, labor issues, family law, and complex commercial litigation matters in the construction and financial fields.
• Stanford Law School, J.D. 1996University of Missouri, B.A. (summa cum laude) 1993
• Admitted, Texas State Bar
• Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
• Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
• Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
• Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
• Texas Bar Association, Member
• San Antonio Bar Association, Member
• San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Vice President (2001-2002), Secretary (2002-2003)
• Texas Continuing Legal Education Distinguished Faculty
• Production Editor and Charter Member, Stanford Journal of Law, Business and Finance (1993-96).
During his practice, Mr. Rea has represented a wide variety of clients in the State and Federal courts of Texas. His practice focuses primarily on representing San Antonio families and small business. Over the years, however, Mr. Rea has represented clients in trademark and patent disputes, personal injury defense, mass-tort defense, white-collar criminal defense, wrongful death claims, insurance litigation, and employment matters. He has tried cases before juries to favorable verdicts in both State and Federal courts and has been involved in dozens of mediations. He has also represented clients before the Federal and State Courts of Appeals.
Mr. Rea's is a familiar face in the courtrooms of Bexar County and the surrounding area. For this reason, he has often served as local counsel for firms unfamiliar with the peculiarities of the South Texas judicial system.
Mr. Rea has previously practiced in the Houston office of Baker & Botts, LLP and in the San Antonio offices of Jenkens & Gilchrist, P.C. and Strasburger & Price, LLC.
Mr. Rea was born and raised in Branson, Missouri. He is married and has three lovely children.